Friday, June 11, 2010

Blinking Sound Effects

Yesterday after work, my husband and I were exhausted so we enjoyed a little afternoon catnap that turned out to be more like a short-night's sleep. Since we had completely missed dinner and even surpassed a respectable time when dinner is eaten, we decided to go out to a local restaurant for a quick bite instead of rummaging around in the fridge. Now, I was still a little groggy while I was sitting at the table, munching on my chips and salsa, but I noticed that my eyes felt really wide when I was staring off into the distance. Furthermore, blinking felt like a more strenuous, slow-motion movement which almost seemed to have a sound effect linked to the action. This spurred a moment of "Pam-sense." Wouldn't it be funny if in moments like that we had the cartoon sound effect for blinking? It would be even better if those close to you could hear it also. You know the sound I am talking about. It is generally reserved for times when a cartoon character is shocked or stunned, like after the road runner tricks the coyote into falling into one of his own traps, or someone says something that is bizarre. I posted an old Flinstones' episode that shows a good example of the blinking sound.




1 comment:

  1. Pam...you are so funny! Watching the flinstones...what a wonderful trip down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete