Saturday, June 12, 2010

To be Furry or Not to be Furry

Troy and I have two cats. Olivia is three and Molly is one. We got Olivia right after we were married and she is basically the best cat ever. She loves to snuggle and greet visitors at the door, with whom she instantly befriends so she would make a terrible "guard-cat." Molly is basically a sweet cat; she likes to force you to pet her by shoving her head in your hand. She has a ton of energy since she is still has a lot of kitten in her and besides the fact she likes to poop right outside the litter box, we love her too.

Now that the background knowledge is out of the way, our cats have recently spurred on another moment of "Pam-sense." Wouldn't it be weird to be completely cover in fur? I mean, part of me feels like I would kind of know what it's like since I have a lot of hair myself and on humid days, it seems to procreate, but still weird, right? I mean Olivia and Molly have hair everywhere but inside their mouths, their eyes, their noses and their paw pads. They even have hair in between their toes! I can't even go three or four days without shaving my legs!

My husband is an avid Blackhawks fan so he grew out a playoff beard. He was so relieved when after a month he could finally shave it off. I wonder if pets ever look up at us and think, "Geeze, it's hot in here. Could you pass me your razor when you're done with it?" If Olivia and Molly knew that women shave their legs and underarms, I wonder if they would want a crack at it. I would probably keel right over if I came home and their armpits and legs were totally shaven while the rest of their body was still furry. Ha ha!! That thought makes me laugh right now!! Moral of the story: maybe offer your hair-removing tools to your pets-let them decide: to be furry or not to be furry.

No comments:

Post a Comment