Saturday, June 19, 2010

Snuggle . . . Mmm, No Thanks.

Snuggle. The "spokes-bear" for the Snuggle Fabric Softener commercials. Let's face it, that is one, freaky bear. I feel like recently, when I have seen him on TV, he has given me the heebie-jeebies. I think it's his movements that freak me out. There is something about the way his arms and head rotate that make me want to take cover under a blanket . . . or change the channel, which would be the more rational option.

As a kid, I remember the commercials for the Teddy Ruxpin doll. He wasn't as bad because only his mouth moved and not his appendages like Snuggle, but he still freaked me out. I think in the back of my mind, I was worried he would come alive in the middle of the night and mess with my Barbies or wander around my room. Neurotic, maybe, but what 8-year-old wants to take that chance. Needless to say, Teddy Ruxpin never made the cut when it came to composing my letter to Santa. Just leave that under the tree at the next house, St. Nick, thanks.

I have added the link to one of the creepiest Snuggles commercials. I'll probably have nightmares tonight just for adding it to the blog, and now you will too, but we'll be in good company.





No comments:

Post a Comment