Monday, September 6, 2010

Goosebumps

Yesterday, we were out on a boat in the middle of the day. Common sense would tell you that it will be hot out there because there was a little breeze, no shade and the sun was at it's hottest. I still tried to do the Girl/Boy Scout Motto of 'always being prepared', so I wore longer shorts and brought a cozy jacket, thinking I would cover all the bases this way. Apparently, Mother Nature could not decide how she wanted to behave because it went from warm to cold and then my goosebumps crashed the party, even though they were not invited.

I have ninja goosebumps. First of all, sometimes they sneak up on me when I am not even cold. Like when I get into a hot shower or a hot car. For some reason, my body freaks out at the warm temperature and thinks that it needs to call for backup, so the ninja goosebumps bust out. Sometimes, I even get them if I am feeling awkward or uncomfortable. That's kinda weird. Those uncomfortable goosebumps always show up on the back of my legs. I really don't know what that means. Those ninja goosebumps are like Fort Knox and they refuse to tell me their top secret plans. I guess I'll never know. Another weird place my goosebumps show up is on my head. If someone is playing with my hair, they creep up. In this case, I think they just want a nice massage after a long mission. Those selfish jerks.

The other reason why I think I have ninja goosebumps is because they are X-treme. They are so X-treme that I can't even write the correct spelling of extreme to describe them. When I get really cold, my goosbumps are really like goose-Mount-Everest bumps. I must have really elastic skin. It is only when they start to recede that they look like the normal goosebumps of the average person. I also know that they are X-treme because people have commented on their sheer size and strength. Especially when they spot them on my legs. It usually starts out with a clever comment, stating the obvious, and then they realize they are looking at X-treme-ninja-Mount Everst-goosebumps. It goes a little something like this, "Are you cold or something, Pam? Whoa, look at those goosebumps! Those are X-treme!" I know that you can't tell when someone is talking to you, how they are spelling of their words, but trust me they are saying 'X-treme' not 'extreme'.

Remember the Goosebumps books as kids? The title on the cover page was raised and had little goosebumps over all the words. I was totally into those books. They never gave me goosebumps though. False advertising. I just thought I should mention them in my blog because we are on the topic.

2 comments: