Tuesday, August 31, 2010

LOST

Troy just got Netflix for us and we can stream movies right into our XBOX which I think is very cool and quite possibly a technological act of genius. Especially after spending so much time as a kid at Blockbuster or Orland Video picking out tangible VHS tapes by hand. I am exhausted just thinking about that. I bet our kids will marvel at that like we marvel at our parents using 8 track tapes. Anywho, we decided we wanted to get into the show, Lost, and so we have downloaded season one. I am sure that most of you reading this lowly blog are thinking, 'What cave have you just climbed out of if you are only just now watching Lost?' It's true. We jumped on the band wagon a little late considering that they are no longer filming new episodes and it first aired in 2004, but better late then never.

Saying the Troy and I are obsessed with this "new" show is probably an understatement. In the past 72 hours we have watched like thirteen or fourteen episodes and are dreaming about it every night. Last night, I dreamt I was Kate, (who by the way I think is awesome, even though she is a criminal and totally hiding something, I love her and think it would be cool to have her role) and I was running through the jungle wearing my awesome cargo pants and tank top that shows off my ripped biceps when suddenly, I woke up in my own bed next to Troy. The first thought I had was, 'I wonder if I am having a flashback?' Then I shook the cobwebs out and realized that I was in no way affiliated with the show and went back to sleep, rather disappointed, I might add.

Isn't it awesome when you get so sucked into a show like that? I love watching shows on DVD because you can stay connected with the storyline. When I lived with my friend, Krista, we became obsessed with the Gilmore Girls DVDs. We would stay up way later than we should have because one of us would look at the other and say, "one more?" and then we were zombies the next day, yet we would repeat this same process the following night. I don't think we got a good night's rest until we watched the last season, and then we were super sad that it was over.

To be honest, the only reason why I am typing this blog right now is because I am trying to kill some time before Troy gets home so we can watch the next episode of Lost. When we aren't watching it, we are talking about it and apparently dreaming about it. We are only partway through season one, so don't throw out any spoilers for us, but seriously, that show is messed up . . . . in an awesome way. Who is in the jungle? Who are The Others? Are we going to see more of that crazy French lady? What is Kate's real secret? (I think think she might have a kid.) Where is Claire? Who just up and kidnaps a pregnant lady?

OMG, I love this show. And not just because it is nice to see Matthew Fox make a successful comeback since Party of 5, but because the show is just plain awesome. Plus Jorge Garcia is super funny. Though strangely enough, I don't think he really slims down through the seasons . . . that's kinda odd considering they are on a deserted island, running constantly from the freaky things in the jungle and there is nothing to eat besides the wild boars that Locke hunts . . . hmm . . . still, I love it.

4 comments:

  1. haha. awesome pjk.
    We started season 1 last fall and were addicted BIG TIME! Same story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. would you says that you are lost in Lost?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is just like Don and me 3ish years ago. Same story too! We would stay up until 3am to finish a disc. Love it!

    ReplyDelete