Wednesday, January 30, 2013

MC Hammer Galoshes

Today, I had a little bit of a fashion faux pas. It was quite rainy this morning; however, for the past two days we have been enjoying temperatures in the mid to upper 60's, so a rainy day in January is pretty nice. As I looked out the window this morning, I thought I should probably wear my rain boots that I finally broke down and bought a couple of years ago. I really hate having wet feet, but then again, unless you're taking a shower, who doesn't? So, I put my cute, ballet flats in my purse and stuffed my toes into their waterproof protectors. 

Then, I thought about how I wouldn't want the bottoms of my dress pants to get all wet either, so I stuffed those into the boots as well. My dress pants didn't fit nicely in my boots, so when I stood up, I looked like MC Hammer in galoshes. I figured it was better than slopping around with wet feet, so I just went with it. When I got to school, I passed stylish mothers dropping their children off, wearing their skinny jeans or leggings tucked tightly into their Hunter boots, while I splashed through the puddles with my Hammer Time maternity pants shoved into my Target brand boots. Though I was dry, I thought that maybe I had made the wrong call this morning. I was only too happy to peel those boots off and replace them with my cute flats. 

As the day went on, I didn't think too much about my frumpy rain boots. I was glad to have dry feet and since the rain stopped in the afternoon, I didn't wear them home. I guess I am an adult for sure since I choose comfort over cuteness. I may have looked like MC Hammer, but at least my feet could say to the rain, 'can't touch this.' (Yeah, I just did that.)






No comments:

Post a Comment