Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Classy Coffee Chicka

Even though we are in the end of April, the weather has not been cooperating very nicely. We have had more chilly, cloudy days than warm, sunny days. That, mixed in with the stress of school, has been leaving me a little caffeine-deprived. Around 3 o'clock, I am really jonesin' for a cup of joe, and not the slop that is in the teacher's lounge, I am talking about some good, quality coffee . . . like Dunkin Donuts! (Come on, you know that was coming.)

Yesterday, one of the teachers I work with bought coffee for us. Scrumptious Dunn Brother's coffee! It was awesome. I swear, when he brought in that glorious coffee carrier, I was looking at that delicious mocha like it was the holy grail. I downed it so fast that I got a little light headed. I realized that this new desire of afternoon coffee, has possibly given me the golden ticket to adulthood.

Growing up, when I saw grown ups drinking coffee in the morning, it was very normal. My mom has had a cup of coffee every morning for as long as I can remember. (My dad was more of a tea guy, just in case you were curious.) But, there was something classy about the grown ups drinking coffee in the afternoon. Whenever we went to my grandma's house, she always offered to make coffee for herself and my mom. They would sit in the kitchen or front room, sip their coffee and talk about grown up stuff. I thought it looked glorious. Even now, I feel awesome when I get my little Starbucks to tootle around Target.

Unfortunately, our school does not have a fantastic barista in the teacher's lounge, so for now, I have to settle with hand outs or waiting until I get home to brew up a batch myself. That is unless . . . you'd like to have a coffee date with me . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment