Saturday, November 13, 2010

November Snow

I love to watch Fox 9 News in the morning. Mostly because I think the meteorologist, Keith Marler is so funny. I have seriously almost shot coffee out of my nose due to intense laughing at his antics. This week, we have had beautiful weather - it was in the upper 60's on Monday and Tuesday! However, Mother Nature is a fickle woman and last night it started to snow. Even as I am typing, the wet and heavy snow continues to dance across our windows. This dance is more of a rumba and less of a waltz. It even knocked our satellite out, so no HGTV for me today. It is a little intense. It even has Olivia and Molly intrigued.

I would be one of those people who claim to hate winter, but I think that might not be entirely true. I love snow before Christmas because it gets me in the holiday spirit. This morning when I woke up, before I opened my eyes, it felt a little like Christmas morning. I was so excited to see how much snow we got. Last night when the storm just started to dance its way into the Twin Cities, Troy started talking about spending the day today putting up the Christmas tree and all of our cheerful holiday decorations. I was squealing with excitement, but I am not entirely sure if he was joking or not . . . there is a very good possibility that he was just teasing me. Very good possibility. However, he did come downstairs this morning dancing a little jig and singing "Walking in a Winter Wonderland" which I obviously joined in on. I am seriously fighting the urge to put up our Christmas stuff at this point.

Another great thing about snow is garages. One of my first thoughts this morning was how thankful I was that I didn't have to go out and shovel my car out of the snow. Should I need to make a quick get-a-way, I can just drive my pristine car out of the garage and, in all reality, get it stuck in the driveway . . . but at least I didn't have to scrape! When I lived with my friend Krista, she had a one car garage which she very generously shared with me. We had a system where we would take turns and every other night we got to park our car in the garage. **Side Note: This is one of the reasons why Krista is such an amazing person because I would have selfishly hoarded that space to myself.** Anywho, there was no greater feeling than waking up to snow in the morning and realizing that last night was your night to park in the garage!! On the flip side, there was no crappier feeling than waking up to snow and realizing that you didn't have the garage space last night and now have to rush through your morning routine so you have time to scrape off your car! Bummer fest right there.

Well, I think I am going to see if I can sneak out some of the Christmas decorations without Troy noticing. Or maybe I will make an attempt to drive my little G6 to Target and get some snow pants so I can keep my toasty warm while I build a snowman. Either way, I will be enjoying our November snow.

(Our backyard this morning)

No comments:

Post a Comment