Thursday, July 28, 2011

Summer Foods Haiku

You know what's awesome about summer? The food. Yeah, that's right . . . the food. I know that summer contains a plethora of fantabulous things, but the food (fruits and veggies to be specific) is really spectacular.

I realized this while I was cutting up some delicious watermelon for dinner one night. The color of the fruit was so beautiful, I had to take a picture of it. As I was cutting it, I looked over and thought to myself, "Pam, that looks like summer, " hence, the subsequent photo opportunity.

I never get tired of the corn on the cob, berries and melon. Last week, I inhaled a bag of cherries almost all by myself. Troy was able to sneak a few without having any limbs severed . . . but just barely. We had pancakes this week with fresh blueberries. I can't be sure, but I may have chewed with my eyes closed to savor every bite. This morning, I had cantelope that melted in my mouth. I think I am having a relationship with produce.

Therefore, in honor of the delicious treats the good Lord gives us during the summer months, I have written a haiku.

(Ahem)

Cherries, Blueberries,
Melon, Tomatoes, or Corn,
Just can't get Enough

1 comment: